Thursday, February 7, 2008

Clear Skies


Tell me if this is true for you...
You don't get along with someone for months, maybe years, but then, the day before you're set to leave, everything's all rosy. This describes my last day here in this thousand year old Provence village home. When I first planned on coming here to help out, I imagined that the sheer wonder of being in such an amazing place would give me the strength to deal with my aging, lonely Aunt. Today, she and I rediscovered our familial warmth. She gave Bailey some vintage couture dresses from the 60's and me a gold watch she's had most of her life. Such contrast to her accusations the other day that I ate some of her cereal, which I did admit to and was planning to replace of course. Why is it that it takes an impending departure for the claws to retract? I've had this experience in other places too. Maybe I needed it most today with Jacqueline. We can part at 6AM tomorrow with love flowing between us again.
My backpack is belted down, I'm in good standing with the IRS, caught up with my bills, and back to being a nice niece. I'm ready.
I'm going to go watch some old episodes of Monk and make it an early night. Thanks to everyone who visited and left comments. They mean a lot!

1 comment:

Jennifer Haase said...

Sounds like some comforting closure before the new adventure begins. And ain't that the way? You never quite know how much you would be missed until you actually GO.

Hugs and best wishes on your journey toward Jordan! Yay to new adventure!

luv,
jennifer